Sometimes you have a tournament and need to establish some prior history or attitudes between NPC fighters. You can choose one fighter to roll for and read the table from that fighter's perspective, or you can roll once for each.
Also available in a printer friendly format.
1. This is a sport, and I'm looking forward to a good fight.
2. You have a problem with me for personal reasons. I stole your girl/guy, and I'm not going to apologize. I'll try not to make you look too bad out there.
3. I always beat you. This time won't be any different.
4. I always win this one. It's just a good match up for me.
5. I've beaten you before. This fight is going to go just like the last one.
6. Remember the last time? I beat you so bad it was embarrassing for both of us.
7. For me, it's just another fight, but for you it seems to be personal. I don't know why.
8. You're jealous of my skill. You've been trying to copy me. We both know it.
9. I'm successful, and you want that, and it's making you hungry. Good. But don't forget I got to where I am for a reason.
10. You're just another W on my record.
11. I have to beat you to move up. It's the next logical step for me.
12. I have no respect for you as a fighter.
13. I just don't like you.
14. Nobody likes you. I'm doing everybody a favor here.
15. You're famous, and that makes this a no lose fight for me.
16. You're tough, but I can handle it. That just makes me work harder.
17. You're not even a real fighter. You're just a martial artist.
18. You're school/style isn't very good.
19. You don't do your homework and study the tapes like I do, and it's going to cost you.
20. Everyone knows you're a natural, but you don't train hard enough.
21. Everyone falls. It's your turn.
22. I've been working hard, and it's my time now.
23. I'm going out there and I'm going to outwork you.
24. You've got heart, that much we know. But is it enough?
25. I'm going to take you deep, and test your heart.
26. You never work enough on conditioning. You're going to get tired and sloppy, and I'll be ready.
27. You're going to make a mistake, and it'll only take one. I'm going to capitalize on it.
28. It's always a joy to watch you fight, and I'm looking forward to going up against you.
29. Let's go out there and put on a good show for the fans.
30. I always give everything, no matter who my opponent is.
31. I'm going to get you out of your comfort zone.
32. I'm going to beat you at your own game.
33. I've been studying your tapes, and I know your openings.
34. I'm a warrior, and this is going to be a war, not a sport fight.
35. You crossed the line when you said those things about me in that interview. I'm going to go out there and shut you up.
36. Your last fight made you famous, but it was a fluke, and I'm going to prove it.
37. You're a legend/rising star, but you're getting slow/old/careless, and I'm going to take advantage of that.
38. It's my night.
39. We've trained together, and I know your game.
40. You've beaten me in training but this is the real thing, and it's going to be different.
41. You're a good friend. Let's test each other out there.
42. I'm better than you.
43. You don't even deserve to be in the ring with me.
44. You're a wannabe.
45. You've got no heart, and I know it. You've been lucky so far, but I'm going to hurt you, and you're going to quit.
46. I'm going to make you look bad in front of your friends/sensei/girl/guy/family
47. You've had it easy, just like everybody else. You haven't had to work as hard as me to get here. You don't want it like I want it.
48. I don't care who you are -- it's all the same to me. They keep putting 'em in front of me, and I keep knocking 'em down.
49. Last time, our fight ended in a controversial decision. This time we're going to set the record straight.
50. We're one-for-one. Let's settle this.
51. I've beaten everyone else from your camp/dojo/family. I don't think you're going to be the one to change that.
52. I've beaten your sensei/trainer/teacher. You're not going to be any trouble.
53. Last time, we got in a fight in the hotel bar/elevator/parking lot. This time you don't have your friends with you.
54. You worry too much about advertising and self-promotion and your pretty abs and not enough about fighting.
55. You're just a fighter, not a true martial artist.
56. I fight to test myself, and you are a worthy test.
57. I'm an animal in there. You're going to regret taking this fight.
58. You betrayed me when you switched camps. That hurt. This is going to hurt too.
59. I train with people who've trained with you, and I have your number.
60. You hired my old trainers to prep you for this fight, but it's not going to help.
61. Our teams/schools are longstanding rivals, and I need to win this one for my team.
62. Our teams/schools are longstanding rivals, but that doesn't matter to me. I just want to have a good fight.
63. I've seen you fight, and you're always safe. You won't be safe in the ring with me.
64. I've seen you fight, and it's boring point-scoring. I'm going to make this one exciting.
65. I'm going to get on you and smother you, not give you room to move, make you play my game.
66. I've seen you fight, and it's always exciting. This fight won't be any different.
67. This is a great opportunity for both of us to get some new fans and raise our profiles.
68. I respect your skill as a fighter, but I'm going to win this one.
69. Mutual respect.
70. I have to admit, you beat me pretty bad last time. But I'm a different fighter than I was back then.
71. What exactly is your beef with me?
72. I'm going to pick you apart.
73. Mutual disrespect.
74. We've been trying to make this fight happen for a long time. Finally we're going to find out who is stronger.
75. It's been a while. Let's see who's stronger now.
76. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you have an unhealthy obsession with me.
77. You have a chip on your shoulder. You need to get over that if you're going to grow as a person and a fighter.
78. You think you're stronger than you are. This is going to be a wake up call.
79. You've had a good run lately, but you're due for a loss.
80. You've had a few wins, but you keep getting lucky.
81. You gave me my first loss, and it's time to avenge it.
82. Your game has holes in it, and I'm going to exploit them.
83. You've dishonored/disrespected your school/team/dojo, and you've got this coming.
84. You've dishonored/disrespected my school/team/dojo, and you've got this coming.
85. You killed my teacher!
86. You're secretly in league with Shadoloo, and I know it.
87. You're good. But not good enough.
88. Your style is unusual, and hard to read, but I'm going to go out there and break it.
89. I'm going to go out there and fight my fight, and win.
90. You're looking past me to your next opponent. That's a mistake.
91. You've got no soul, kid.
92. You're all business, no heart.
93. I'm a fan. I'm looking forward to seeing how I measure up.
94. You always choke in the big fights, and we both know it.
95. You're a known cheater, but it's not going to save you.
96. You're basically a bully. And I hate bullies.
97. We have a friendly rivalry.
98. We have a bitter rivalry.
99. I've taught you some things. Now you're going to get your chance to prove yourself.
100. Remember that time I kicked your ass? Yeah, so do I.